« Home | Big Bummer! » | Feeding Pic and Video! » | Post-Molt » | Molt! » | The Beginning! » | FAQ » | Molt Records » | Chat Room! »

Handling


(Click image for larger version)

I got my camera back and so we're here. I decided to take the little one out for a stroll and took the chance to photograph him for this week's post.

Some people agree with handling, others do not. It is, in the end, a decision left to the owner who must do so with great responsibility and care. While I do not handle my tarantulas a lot, it is not something I am against. Besides, it's a B.smithi, famous for its docility and calm nature.

I've read* that if you handle them often they will get accostumed to it and be more agreeable to do so with time, whether this is true or not I don't know, but it's worth a shot :)

Poll is over. Our tarantula's final name has been decided: Fluffy. I can't say it's my personal favorite but it's not bad either, so Fluffy it is. The good thing is that it's asexual.

Thanks for tuning in, we'll be back next week.
Later!

*The Tarantula Keeper's Guide by Schultz and Schultz

Muy buena foto y el handling es perfecto.
Un abrazo
border

Post a Comment