« Home | FAQ » | Molt Records » | Chat Room! »

The Beginning!

Day 386
(Click image for larger version)

Hi and welcome to my project!

Being an avid tarantula keeper I decided to start this blog as a sort of documentary on the growth and life of a Brachypelma smithi.

B.smithis are known for being slow growers and that should make it even more interesting.

The idea is that I will take a picture of it every week for its entire lifespan... It is possible that the smithi outlives me since it isn't exposed to the dangers of urban life :P ... that is, if it's a female. If it turns out to be a male then we will likely see its last days here.

So, every week from today until death do us part, I shall post a picture here and a description of how its doing.

Special pictorial events will be highlighted and added to a special events section.

Another thing: this spiderling is in need of a name. All suggestions are welcome. When enough suggestions have been made I will make a poll of 5 or 10 names that I liked and you get to vote for which one we should keep.

If you have ANY questions, comments or suggestions feel free to leave them here by clicking on comments (below the post) or email me at smithiproject@gmail.com

I have many plans and ideas I would like to implement, these will be added through time. I would especially like to have my own domain and server space, but I cannot afford it right now... we'll see how things develop.

Any questions you have please check out the FAQ, there is a link to it on the right.

Come back frequently to see what's going on, I will be constantly improving this site.

Thanks for reading... and wish this little one good luck!

Great effort in this times!! I think is a nice project!!
Congratulations!!
border
bs.as.
argentina.s.a.

Post a Comment